Digital photography has been a passion of mine for a few years, and in 2004 I started this blog as a way for me to motivate myself to take pictures on a regular basis as well as to get feedback from others. If you have an opinion on my photos, please don't hesistate to leave a note. I always appreciate comments, whether they consist of praise or criticism.
Many of the images on this site are available for purchase in the form of archival quality prints or as licensed stock photography. Please email me for details, or see my portfolio at Getty Images.
Email Address: paintwithlight [at] gmail [dot] com
- Canon 5D
- Canon Digital Rebel (300D)
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 Lens
- Canon 70-200mm f/4 L Lens
- Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Lens
- Canon 17-40mm f/4 L Lens (borrowed)
- Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro Lens
- Canon 24mm f/3.5 TS-E
- Gitzo G1158 Tripod
- Gitzo G1278 Ball Head
- B+W and Hoya UV/Haze filters
- B+W and Tiffen circular polarizer filters
- Tamrac Adventure 8 Backpack
In case you're wondering about my Blog title Chiaroscuro and username Claire-Obscure, these terms both mean the use of light and shade in pictoral representation (See dictionary.com).